Latest News

23.12.2013
SCOTTISH CITYLINK ANNOUNCES NEW FARES FOR 2014
Scottish Citylink today (Monday 23 December) announced that new fares will come into effect across its network from Monday 6th January. more

12.12.2013
SCOTTISH CITYLINK LAUNCHES TWITTER COMPETITION FOR PASSENGERS TO WIN CHRISTMAS PRIZES
Scottish Citylink today (Thursday 12 December) launched a Christmas competition for passengers to win Christmas prizes. more

 

4 February 2008

Citylink confirms partial divestment of intercity coach services

Scottish Citylink Coaches Limited, a joint venture between international transport group ComfortDelGro and Stagecoach, today (4 February 2008) confirmed it has completed the divestment of a proportion of its inter-citycoach services in Scotland.

A number of Saltire Cross services - which link Aberdeen, Glasgow,Inverness and Edinburgh - have been sold to Parks of Hamilton (CoachHirers) Limited.

The divestment follows the Competition Commission's confirmation in May 2007 of its earlier ruling in October 2006 that some services on the Saltire Cross network should be divested.

Scottish Citylink is the leading provider of express coach services in Scotland, linking around 200 towns and cities and carrying more than 3 million passengers a year.

Stagecoach owns 35% of the share capital of Scottish Citylink Coaches Limited and ComfortDelGro owns the remaining 65%.

Tom Wileman , Managing Director of Scottish Citylink Coaches Ltd, said:"We are pleased that the agreement allows customers to access and book the full range of Scottish inter-city coach services through the citylink.co.uk and megabus.com websites and to benefit from an integrated timetable.

"Coach travel is growing as motorists and other passengers are attracted by better connections and faster and more regular services. We look forward to welcoming even more customers to our package of high-quality and excellent value travel in the future."

For further information, please contact:

Steven Stewart, Director of Corporate Communications, Stagecoach Group
Tel: 01738 442111 or mobile 07764 774680
email: steven.stewart@stagecoachgroup.com

Issued by Marksman International on behalf of Scottish Citylink.

For further information or interview requests, contact Mark Bushell on 01472 240869 (office), 07738 543035 (mobile) or debbie@marksman-int.co.uk

advertisement
Get Adobe Reader Free
This website requires a PDF reader for timetables and other information.