Changes to services linking Glasgow and Edinburgh with Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen and Inverness
M8 Glasgow – Stirling - Dundee
M9 Glasgow – Aberdeen
M10 Glasgow – Inverness via intermediate points (new service)
M90 Edinburgh - Inverness
M91 Edinburgh – Inverness via Kingussie
M92 Edinburgh - Aberdeen
G9 Glasgow – Aberdeen Gold
G10 Glasgow – Inverness Gold
G90 Edinburgh – Inverness Gold
G92 Edinburgh – Aberdeen Gold
A major review of these services has been carried out in order to improve frequencies and connections. The main features of the revised service, including Parks of Hamilton services, are as follows:-
- Hourly service between Glasgow and Edinburgh and Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen and Inverness, either direct or with a change at Perth or Dundee.
- A more regular frequency on the Perth - Inverness corridor (approximately hourly).
- A more regular frequency out of Edinburgh to and from Perth and Dundee (approximately hourly on each).
- A more regular frequency on the service between Glasgow, Stirling, Perth and Dundee.
- Improved connections at Perth and Dundee making a wider range of journeys possible.
- Improved evening services between Glasgow and Aberdeen, with later journeys.
- Through journeys between London and Aberdeen remain but with slight time
- Saturday and Sunday timetables more similar to weekdays.
- Direct service between Edinburgh and Perth Bus Station
- Mainly 2 hourly service northwards to perth and Dundee (Service M8)
from where there will be greatly improved connections for points to Aberdeen and Inverness.
- More journey opportunites through Stilring at early morning and evenings.
- Dunblane will continue to operate a 2 hourly service to and from Glasgow and Perth/Dundee, with some additional journeys. Certain journeys will continue to serve Bridge of Allan.
Specific notes to highlight:-
- Two journeys per day in each direction between Glasgow and Inverness will serve Pitlochry (Service M10).
- There will be one 'all stop' service M91 retained between Edinburgh and Inverness in each direction (operated by Parks of Hamilton). Some Highland Service 35 journets between Inverness and Newtonmore/Kingussie will now be available to book.
- Additional Gold journey between Edinburgh and Inverness
- Additional Gold round trip between Edinburgh and Inverness.
- The first M8 service from Glasgow is earlier on Mondays to Fridays, at 0610, allowing convenient work time arrivals in Perth and Dundee (Parks of Hamilton journey).
- The morning southbound journey through Birnam is much earlier than at present, at 0905.
- New journeys provided at 2230 Glasgow to Aberdeen, and 2235 Edinburgh to Perth which connects into the Glasgow-Aberdeen service.
- 0440 Aberdeen to Glasgow is moved to 0320 (M11, operates to London), however an 0605 Dundee to Glasgow M9 (not Sundays) is provided as a partial replacement.
- An early arrival in Aberdeen at 0932 is possible from Perth by travelling on the new 0710 Perth to Dundee M8 then changing onto service M92 at Dundee.
- Later journeys from Aberdeen to Glasgow at 1945 (direct, service M9 Parks of Hamilton journey) and 2045 (change at Dundee)
- The last M8 service from Dundee to Glasgow is now at 1815 daily (previously 1640 Mondays to Fridays).
The following points will no longer be served:
Stirling (Drip Road)
Dunfermline Bus Station (though frequent services at Halbeath Park & Ride)*
Kinross Town (though Kinross Park & Ride continues to be served)*
Perth (Edinburgh Road)*
*service withdrawn by Parks of Hamilton
Parks of Hamilton also operate services on the above routes and details of both the Scottish Citylink and Parks of Hamilton services can be viewed by clicking on the timetable here
You can also get service updates direct to you by following us on twitter.